Senior macOS Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
Kandji is the Apple Device Management and Security Platform. Kandji empowers companies to manage and secure Apple devices in the enterprise and at scale. By centrally securing and managing Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices, IT and InfoSec teams can save countless hours of manual, repetitive work with features like one-click compliance templates and more than 150 pre-built automations, apps, and workflows.
Device Harmony is our vision for tearing down the wall between IT and InfoSec to keep every Apple user secure and productive, using connected intelligence and automation. By choosing a career with Kandji, you will play an integral role in contributing to making our vision a reality. Backed by world-class investors such as Tiger Global, Greycroft, B Capital Group, Okta Ventures, the Spruce House Partnership, and First Round Capital, Kandji has raised over $100+M in capital to date.
Trusted by industry leaders, Kandji’s rapidly growing customer base includes companies like Ramp, Notion, Attentive, Netskope, Noom, Turo, Groupon, VoxMedia, and more.
Recognized for its award-winning products, Kandji was recently named the #1 fastest-growing app in Okta’s 2023 Businesses at Work Report and a G2 Best Software 2023 Award Winner for Fastest Growing Products!
We're thrilled to be hiring a Senior macOS Engineer based in our San Francisco office! As a visionary leader in macOS engineering, you'll hold a pivotal role in shaping Kandji's device management future. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Engineering, you'll collaborate with a team of skilled engineers, spearheading innovation and upholding technical excellence. We're seeking a seasoned macOS expert to architect pioneering solutions, leverage macOS internals, and ensure top-tier security and compliance for our users. Your dedication to problem-solving and staying abreast of macOS advancements will drive our mission forward.
How you will make a difference day to day:
- Hands-on coding and contributing code for new features and proof of concepts.
- Develop high-level designs aligning with strategic objectives, ensuring flexibility for future options despite uncertainties.
- Identify technological and strategic growth opportunities to propel Kandji's business growth by advocating for these choices by providing clear rationale and technical vision.
- Establish expertise in the technologies used by your team, guiding fellow developers and providing technical insights for business management.
- Collaborate seamlessly with distributed teams, recognizing the remote nature of much of our workforce.
- Work closely with engineering counterparts on various projects, ensuring consistent architecture and product alignment.
- Drive quality by advocating for modularized, testable, performant, and easily maintainable code, devising multi-staged validation plans.
- Design and deliver systems that require innovative research and exploration beyond conventional experiences.
- Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
- Proficient in managing complex concurrency using OperationQueue and Grand Central Dispatch within macOS applications.
- Extensive experience as a macOS developer, showcasing a nuanced understanding of macOS intricacies compared to other Apple platforms. Deep knowledge of macOS-specific technologies is essential.
- Strong experience with AppKit, Foundation, Core Graphics, Core Animation, and other pertinent frameworks.
- Exceptional technical communication skills enabling seamless collaboration with peers and leadership.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for spearheading the development of pioneering features and products.
- Expertise in crafting native macOS applications using Swift, Objective-C, and C++.
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals, Cocoa design patterns, protocol-oriented programming, and system internals encompassing kernel mode, user mode, device drivers, filesystems, networking concepts, process and application management, security, and access control.
- Proven track record in Agile software development, well-versed in build processes, and adept in best development practices including TDD, CI, and CD.
- Comprehensive knowledge of authentication protocols within the macOS enterprise system, for instance, enterprise connect.
- Outstanding presentation skills with the capability to effectively convey ideas to both the executive and engineering teams.
- 5+ years of expertise in Swift, including mastery in its advanced features.
- Experience in developing BSD libraries and other low-level macOS technologies.
- Familiarity with System and Network extension technologies.
- Background in enterprise security space is advantageous.
- Previous involvement in managing a substantial fleet of Apple devices within an Enterprise environment (Mac admin) is a plus.
- Familiarity with network applications security and secure coding practices with ability to understand and assess client-side network and API code.
- Expertise in MacOS/Mach/BSD modules, drivers, and kernel extensions.
- Confidence in acknowledging unknowns with a commitment to discovering solutions.
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Kandji Wellness Week Off July 1 - July 5, 2024
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.