Money Laundering Reporting Officer - Netherlands
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Money Laundering Reporting Officer, joining our Compliance department.
We are building a Financial Services subgroup within Remote. This subgroup is in the process of obtaining amongst others a financial licence in the Netherlands, an EU payment service provider licence.
This means Remote will need to meet the highest standards for customer due diligence, anti-money laundering and counter financing terrorism, internally referred to as know your business (KYB).
You will help setup sound procedures for vetting our customers globally. Not only will you have the responsibility to introduce and implement innovative anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-financing terrorism (CFT) solutions for our platform, you will also be relied upon to share guidance and expertise on Dutch and EU regulatory requirements.
- 5+ years experience with the Second line of Defence in the financial sector, preferably with experience in compliance
- Understanding of both European payments legislation (e.g. Payment Services Directive II) and Dutch financial legislation (e.g. Wet Financieel Toezicht and Wet Witwassen Financiering Terrorisme)
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- Must be a Dutch resident
- Professional AML / MLRO certifications
- Implementation of the customer due diligence, know-your-client, anti-money laundering and counter financing terrorism procedures
- Further development of those procedures and corresponding risk assessment, and defining the mitigating measures for medium to high risks
- Ensuring the payments entity remains compliant with AML & Compliance requirements, and ensuring the entity meets regulatory requirements
- Regulatory Reporting**:** Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports to regulatory authorities, including but not limited to suspicious transaction reports (STRs). Ensuring internal record keeping.
- Regulatory Change: ****Keep abreast of regulatory changes and update reporting processes accordingly.
- Performing the KYB procedures on new and existing customers and establishing an audit trail
- Undertaking transaction monitoring and reporting in relation to the payments business
- Collaborate with your compliance colleagues to ensure our global compliance and contribute to the development of the global Compliance team
- Managing a training programme for ML issues
- Regularly reviewing the effectiveness of policies
- You'll report to: Senior Manager, Compliance
- Team: Compliance
- Location: Netherlands
- Start date: March 2024
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with Senior Director of Payments
- Interview with External Consultant
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.