Senior Digital IC Designer
Precision Neuroscience is building a direct connection between the human brain and computers, to benefit the hundreds of millions of people worldwide suffering from neurological conditions. Established in 2021, we are a leader in the development and commercialization of brain–computer interfaces (BCI).
As a Precision employee, you will be collaborating with experts across a diverse array of fields–including neurosurgery, mechanical engineering, machine learning, and microfabrication–to push the boundaries of what is possible. You will be joining a well capitalized and fast-moving company. In the two years since Precision’s founding, we have built and validated a product and have begun human trials in partnership with some of the country’s leading neurosurgery programs. And you will be working toward a deeply meaningful goal: restoring function to people living with devastating neurological conditions, including stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, and neurodegenerative disease such as ALS. Our platform will enable these individuals to regain independence, communicate with loved ones, and return to work.
We are seeking a Senior Digital IC Designer to join our hardware engineering team in developing electronics for our implantable brain-computer interface (BCI).
In this role you will contribute to a well-defined application that has interesting constraints, while you work with a team that is at the top of its field.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join our core team to help shape the future of our company. Your work will see commercialization quickly so that we improve the lives of patients who live with neurological disorders in a matter of months and years, not decades.
This position can be remote within the US, or you are welcome to work from one of our offices in MN, CA, NY or TX. We are unable to consider candidates who are not currently in the US with working rights.
- Design and develop the digital integrated circuits for our implant, adhering to size and power constraints.
- Perform RTL design, synthesis, place-and-route, behavioral simulation, back-annotation, power optimization, and timing closure/signoff.
- Perform chip tape-outs, testing and characterization.
- Collaborate with industry leading manufacturing partners on fabrication of some components of our device.
- Create and update end-user technical documentation, product specifications and vendor procedures.
- Participate in detailed, collaborative discussions about the impact of your designs on the overall BCI design.
- Collaborate with the rest of our team to publish and present our work.