VP Software Engineering and AI
Precision Neuroscience is building a direct connection between the human brain and computers, to benefit the hundreds of millions of people worldwide suffering from neurological conditions. Established in 2021, we are a leader in the development and commercialization of brain–computer interfaces (BCI).
As a Precision employee, you will be collaborating with experts across a diverse array of fields–including neurosurgery, mechanical engineering, machine learning, and microfabrication–to push the boundaries of what is possible. You will be joining a well capitalized and fast-moving company. In the two years since Precision’s founding, we have built and validated a product and have begun human trials in partnership with some of the country’s leading neurosurgery programs. And you will be working toward a deeply meaningful goal: restoring function to people living with devastating neurological conditions, including stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, and neurodegenerative disease such as ALS. Our platform will enable these individuals to regain independence, communicate with loved ones, and return to work.
We are seeking a Vice President of Software Engineering and AI to lead the team designing and delivering our software and AI systems that collect, process and analyze large quantities of high-resolution neural data. These systems use sophisticated real-time machine learning algorithms and make information accessible and actionable to both clinicians and patients.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to lead all aspects of our software product lifecycle, including early R&D projects to formal verification and validation testing to commercial deployment. The software and AI products you will lead are core to the functioning of high-performance brain-computer interfaces necessary to restore function and independence to patients with debilitating neurologic impairments.
Here at Precision, you will be joining a well-capitalized and fast-moving company and collaborating with experts across a diversity of fields - including neurosurgery, mechanical engineering, machine learning and microfabrication - all working together to push the boundaries of what is possible to enable these patients to regain their independence and autonomy.
This position is on-site at our Mountain View (CA) location. We are unable to consider candidates who are not currently in the United States with working rights.
- Oversee all Software Engineering and ML projects and initiatives, ensuring our products are safe, effective and secure and delivered on time and on budget.
- Oversee design, recruitment, and scaling of the Software and ML organization at Precision, and represent these functions on the Company’s senior leadership team
- Collaborate in agile settings on cross-functional projects with leaders and teams across the company.
- Review technical designs and sign-off on development plans for key software and machine learning initiatives.
- Communicate project updates on progress, risks, options, barriers and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mentor, coach and manage Software Engineering and ML team leads.
- Collaborate with the rest of our team to publish and present our work to external stakeholders.