Financial Analyst - Incentive Compensation
Pendo is preparing for explosive company growth and international scale! We are currently seeking an Incentive Compensation Analyst to support and partner with our growing Sales organizations. Reporting to the Manager of Incentive Compensation, this will be a key member of the Pendo Finance organization focusing on building best-in-class incentive compensation programs.
The Incentive Compensation Analyst will be responsible for the development, delivery, and execution of our incentive compensation plans. This is a visible role that will engage cross-functionally with our global Revenue and People teams.
- Calculate monthly and quarterly commission payments for participants on a variable compensation plan and submit proper reports to payroll
- Maintain an accurate, trackable record of commissions and supporting data
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of sales compensation letters to new hires; educate new hires on how their incentive compensation plan works and how to access their monthly commission statements
- Develop various incentive metrics, analyses, account reconciliations. Assist with compilation of monthly financial reporting, forecasts and assist with budget preparation
- Assist with plan implementation and testing to ensure accurate calculations
- Function as a primary contact to the sales organization for commission inquiries and responding in a timely manner
- Evaluate commission guidelines periodically and suggest improvement measures
- Assist with documenting processes and procedures and helping maintain SOX compliance to prepare for IPO
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- 1-3 years of experience working in a sales compensation, sales operations, or finance related function.
- New graduates with a passion for data analysis and/or financial modeling strongly considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in Excel, Google Suite (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc)
- SaaS experience
- Prior experience or familiarity administering commissions in Xactly or a similar incentive compensation software (CaptivateIQ, SPIFF, CallidusCloud, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected base salary range for this role in the following location is:
Raleigh, NC - USD $60,000 - USD $75,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.