Director of Revenue Accounting
Pendo is looking for a strong people-first leader with excellent understanding of US GAAP to join our team as Director, Revenue Accounting. This role will report to the VP, Global Controller and be responsible for all aspects of the global revenue accounting funcion. The successful candidate will be passionate about motivating people, developing talent and building high performing teams. This individual will have a history of driving process improvements that enable scaling with future growth as well as a track record of successful project management.
This role will partner closely with customers, Deal desk, Order Management, Billing, AR, Revenue accounting, and Commissions functional leaders to ensure accuracy and compliance across the full revenue lifecycle.
- Lead global revenue accounting and billing functions
- Serve as accounting subject matter expert on technical revenue recognition matters with expertise in ASC 606
- Lead the revenue accounting close process and presentation of the month end financial close package for VP and CFO
- Evaluate revenue contracts to ensure alignment with company policies and GAAP principles and optimize revenue recognition while maintaining compliance.
- Manage the company’s accounting policies and procedures related to revenue accounting
- Manage consolidated and statutory audits globally and liaising with external auditors
- Document and support effective internal controls over financial reporting consistent with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Adhere to all internal controls and assist in controls testing and walkthroughs
- Proactively identify ways to shorten financial close timelines and improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field
- 7+ years of accounting experience; including a mix of public accounting and industry experience, especially in a publicly traded environment
- Proficiency in ASC 606 and SOX accounting standards
- Experience assisting in SEC reporting including drafting footnote disclosures
- 4+ years people management experience
- Experience in hi-tech industry, and/or SaaS company
- Experience with software such as Excel, Google Sheets, Salesforce; Workday
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in:
- Raleigh, NC $146,000 - $180,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.