Back End Engineer
Pendo's In-app Guides is a technical capability that allows a company to communicate with users (whether they are external customers or internal employees) directly through the product. Pendo’s In-app messaging involves displaying lightboxes, tooltips, surveys, banners, and other messaging formats right inside the app, while users are engaged with it. The information displayed can be designed to help users get past friction points, support cross-sell/upsell initiatives, and collect user feedback, and more. Because it displays messages while the user is actively using the product, in-app messages tend to have a higher response rate than push notifications or email messages. The Guides Squad is looking for a Back End Engineer to help build the engaging employee experiences that define this product.
Deliverables (what you’ll do):
- Design solutions to large, complex, and/or ambiguous problems
- Write maintainable, high-quality code at a steady velocity
- Implement automated unit and api tests to accompany code changes
- Adhere to Pendo’s coding standards and practices
- Identify improvement areas within the team's domain and takes action to solve them
- Own and execute on large projects while communicating an accurate status to team leadership
- Foster positive team discussions and decisions in epic and story groomings
Qualifications (what you have):
- Over 2+ years of experience in back-end or full-stack engineering, with proficiency in a compiled language such as Go, C, C++, Java, etc.
- Proven experience conducting code reviews, troubleshooting code and writing unit tests
- Experience successfully collaborating with others to design systems that are performant
- Obtained a 4-year technical degree or equivalent industry experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience writing Golang (Go) or C code Experience designing performant REST APIsA working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience in cloud environments (such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- AI Integration experience (OpenAI, Google Vertex, Amazon)
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in SAID STATE is USD$105,000 - USD$120,000.
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.