Senior Sales Engineer
Pendo is the leading product adoption platform that helps companies create better software experiences for their customers and their employees. The Pendo Platform provides Analytics, personalised In-App Guides and Feedback capabilities for both mobile and web applications for product owners as well as enablement teams looking to understand their users' behaviours and drive digital adoption.
Sr. Sales Engineers are the trusted technical advisors for our prospects during the pre-sales process. They are responsible for marrying the technical aspects of Pendo to business challenges and value. An ideal Sr. Sales Engineer has a strong technical background, and can use this knowledge to map technology solutions to business challenges. They are inquisitive, curious and enjoy solving problems.
You will drive and manage all technical, solution and competitive aspects of the sales cycle as a partner to our sales team. You will sell to enterprise director, VP and C-level executives on the "art of the possible" with Pendo, and secure a technical win with technology stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to uncover business and technical challenges related to product adoption and analytics
- Deliver sales presentations which articulate Pendo's capabilities and technology to prospects
- Run demonstrations of Pendo aligned to a prospect's needs and challenges
- Scope and manage proof of concept evaluations, including installation, troubleshooting, hands-on workshops and training
- Solve for common (and uncommon) technical challenges to integrating and using Pendo in prospect's applications
- Address our prospects' technical questions on how Pendo's technology works and on security and privacy considerations
- Advise on how to best implement and integrate Pendo into 1st and 3rd party applications
- Provide feedback and escalate deal-blocking issues to product and engineering
- Respond to RFI/RFP/Security documentation requests
- 5 + years of Mid Market / Enterprise software selling experience
- Familiarity with integrating SaaS application data integrations (REST APIs, data flows, etc.)
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solutiony
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An excellent ability to craft and deliver sales and technical presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in London is £104,000 + £130,000 OTE
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.