Enterprise Sales Director, North America
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Patch is the infrastructure powering the carbon market of the future. Patch software brings together corporate buyers, project developers, financiers, and policymakers to increase transparency and modernize climate action. We provide companies like Bain & Company, Credit Suisse, Aviva, and Route access to the broadest network of vetted carbon credits available through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction via APIs. We also provide software that enables carbon removal project developers and financiers like Carbon Streaming, Anew, Eion, and Brilliant Planet to manage their operations and grow their sales, so they can scale their climate impact.
About the position:
As Enterprise Sales Director, North America, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of enterprise and mid-market account executives across our diverse product lines. You will also directly manage some of our most strategic deals, drive efficiency in our existing sales processes, continuously refine and iterate on our sales playbook, and collaborate closely with marketing, product, and engineering teams to ensure we consistently exceed customer expectations. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our next phase of growth. You should be energized by the fast-paced startup environment, thrive in a hands-on role, and enjoy working with a team of humble, high-performing individuals.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll directly lead and manage a team of experienced account executives in North America
- You’ll partner directly with Product Marketing to create coaching and sales enablement programs to ensure all account executives are able to reach their highest potential at Patch
- You’ll drive efficiencies and repeatability in our sales process, with a particular focus on large enterprise sales.
- You’ll help shepherd our largest most strategic deals to close
- You’ll cultivate and nurture relationships with key strategic prospects and customers
- You’ll be the voice of the customer, listen to their needs, and systematically bring detailed feedback to the internal team to help inform product roadmap and priorities.
- You’ll collaborate directly with the Revenue Operations team to drive sales forecasts, targets, and goals
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced sales leader with a history of coaching and people management.
- You have a proven track record of consistently achieving team sales targets and motivating teams to exceed goals
- You have deep knowledge of large enterprise sales motions, methodologies, and strategies on how to navigate complex deal cycles.
- You have experience in building or being part of a scaling sales team at a fast-growth company
- You are a builder who is excited to coach and mentor while leading by example and being involved in deals when necessary.
- You have experience working in Salesforce.
- You are an empathetic listener and communicator who can effectively partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have the ability to take some of the most technical concepts ad communicate them in a way that any audience can understand
- You have knowledge or are interested in continuously learning more about climate action and carbon markets
- You are willing and able to travel occasionally to client locations to build and support relationships
- You are willing and able to work out of San Francisco, California
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States has an on-target earnings range of $240,00 - $280,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
- Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.