Director, Customer Success
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own Company is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Director of Customer Success to lead our US based team supporting our strategic account segments across North America and South America. This role will be responsible for making sure our strategic segment customers exceed value expectations from the Own products, services and solutions they have deployed. We are looking for an experienced director to own driving success for our customers. Ultimately, we are looking to convey the story of our value proposition by way of strategic business reviews and relationships, bridged by actionable data and results. To be successful in this role, you will need a blend of skills including leadership, influence, business insights, communications and organizational development.
Specifically, you will organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional work streams, manage multiple projects in parallel while working closely with key senior leaders. You will be responsible for executing the strategic customer segment strategy and serve as an ambassador for improving processes and developing a world-class Customer Success organization.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- CSM Leadership: Build, mentor and manage a team of senior Customer Success Manager professionals while working with the leadership team (including sales, product, marketing, support and services) to drive positive outcomes and efficiency.
- Team Development: Develop people, process and tooling needed to drive meaningful outcomes - internal and customer.
- Strategic Account Success Plans: Oversee the development, management and execution of strategic account Success Plans that demonstrate deep understanding of our customers, support growth objectives and outline customer outcome objectives and pathways for full value realization.
- Customer Engagement: Proactively engage customers around business performance, adoption of best practices and alignment on customers strategic objectives to drive positive outcomes.
- Customer Segmentation: Define customer segmentation and CSM coverage aligned to sales segment definitions and drive processes for efficiency across all segments to support many:1 CSM books of business.
- Operational Command: Leverage data, metrics and insights to build, manage and execute business and operating plans designed to exceed objectives, and continually evolve the Customer Success Playbook.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Collaborate with executive leadership and cross functional stakeholders on driving account strategies, including renewals, upsells, cross sells, org expansion and pricing practices to secure multi-year customer partnerships.
- Business Growth Initiatives: Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and customer reference-ability.
- Optimize Customer Lifecycle: Continuously evaluate areas to drive operational improvement and efficiency across key customer lifecycle engagement frameworks (customer journey maps, success plans, automation/tooling, customer listening, etc.).
- Manage Customer Success Activities: Onboarding, Training, CSM Engagement, Renewals, Upsell/Cross Sell, Success Plan development and execution.
- Churn Mitigation: Inspect churn reports and risk indicators and drive actions to mitigate churn.
- Thought Leadership: Demonstrate and inspire thought leadership which drives cross functional collaboration, drives accelerated growth, and improves Customer Success practices and accelerates customer value realization.
Your Work Experience
- 10+ years experience in SaaS or equivalent technology sector
- 5+ years experience in Customer Success leadership roles
- Proven track record leading customer value-focused Customer Success teams with a strong emphasis on monetized ROI and verified value realization practices
- Results-driven with a track record of meeting and exceeding customer success targets
- Demonstrated experience developing CSMs in a SaaS space to highly engaged customer focused senior and principal level CSMs
- Proven history implementing operating models focused on customer-defined value realization, customer retention and growth
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms and their data structures
- Hands on experience with Gainsight as a tool to drive productivity and efficiency
- Ability to build team morale and collaboration efforts to align to common goals
- History of leading high performance regional teams
- Able to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Takes initiative, intellectually curious. Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- An empowered, creative problem solver who is passionate about delivering excellent customer value
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for delivering positive outcomes, customer growth and exceeding ARR goals
- Deep understanding of value-drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset, highly experienced in building and delivering impactful presentations to enterprise executives
- Comfortable with travel to customers (20% of the time)
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.