Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own, a leading data protection platform, is seeking a skilled and dynamic Senior Business Intelligence Developer with experience developing actionable dashboards and growing a data driven culture.
In this role, you will play a critical part in maintaining and expanding Own's Business Intelligence suite of resources and empower our company with the data to make change. As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will collaborate closely with members of our Data & Analytics teams, to design, lead, and develop tools and insights for our cross-functional Marketing teams while building strong relationships with those consumers.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop Business Intelligence dashboards and curated data marts with your BI peers.
- Document and communicate the complexities of your work to the users and the team
- Identify areas of improvement within the Business Intelligence Suite and make the changes to drive it
- Troubleshoot data issues and questions as they arise
- Define and promote a Data Dictionary
- Support, enable, and guide Own staff as they leverage the Business Intelligence Assets
- Work directly with key stakeholders on the Marketing teams to build BI products that increase pipeline, decrease churn, and improve the customer experience, while making teams more streamlined and effective.
Your Work Experience
- Generally 4 year Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, CS or Finance degree with 1-2 years of professional experience
- Clear Verbal and Written Communicator
- Customer-centric focus for Internal Staff
- Able to write complex SQL; previous experience with dbt would be desirable
- Hands on experience working within Relational Databases (Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL) to deploy code and administer the platform
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools required
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology is a plus
- Ability to manage tasks and stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience working with Sales, Customer Success, and/or Support staff is desirable
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.