Principal, Business Systems Analyst
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
We are looking for a Principal level Business Systems Analyst with experience in technical projects and programs with the ability to gather and interpret business and technical requirements to impact operational and application changes that will affect IT and business operations. The Principal Business System Analyst is responsible for partnering cross-functionally in gathering, understanding and interpreting business requirements for enterprise-wide process and/or technology changes.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Work closely with functional leaders and technical teams to develop strong relationships across the organization, acting as a subject matter expert (SME) and trusted advisor in system processes.
- Perform analysis of business requirements and recommend process or technology solutions to internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive alternative technical solutions and explore the adaptation of policies, procedures, standards, techniques, materials, and equipment to meet specific cross-functional stakeholder needs and provide the best practice technology solution
- Work with various data groups to understand cross-functional data requirements and encourage data driven decision making in the delivery of business solutions (process and/or technology)
- Identify resource requirements based on business and solution requirements, working with resource managers to obtain project commitment
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support ongoing strategic and tactical business initiatives
- Define functional requirements, process flow diagrams and clear and concise user stories to deliver a scalable solution to the business goals
- Mentor and Lead junior BSAs to improve the overall competence and effectiveness of the team as a whole.
- Implement solutions and support day-to-day operations of Salesforce CRM
Your Work Experience
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, solution architects, developers and testers to drive end-to-end solutions
- 7+ years of experience across Enterprise Application support including: Salesforce.com CRM, NetSuite ERP and/or Workday HRIS
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ
- 7+ years of experience analyzing business requirements, developing and documenting process flows and solution designs
- Expertise in business process modeling and diagramming (swimlane and sequence diagrams, process flows, UML, wireframes)
- Experience with supporting technologies such as JIRA, Snowflake, Tableau, Lucidchart, SOQL, SQL
- Experience working with agile methodologies and release planning.
- Experience self-managing projects in a fast-pace and dynamic environment, including developing project /sprint plans and reporting project status to executives.
- Certifications in Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Project Management (PMP), Agile/Scrum methodologies (SAFe), Business Analysis (CBAP) are a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.