Senior Customer Success Manager
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success organization. In this crucial role, you will play a key part in shaping the overall customer experience, working diligently to guarantee that our valued customers derive maximum value from the software and services they have acquired. Your commitment to driving differentiated value realization will set new standards for excellence in customer success. Your success will be measured by key performance indicators, including customer retention, renewal rates, upsell, cross-sell, expansion, and customer satisfaction.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Customer Relationship Management: Develop and nurture strong, long-lasting relationships with key customer stakeholders; understanding their business needs and objectives.
- Customer Onboarding: Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure seamless onboarding and training for new customers.
- Customer Outcome Objectives and Success Plans: Collaborate with Account Executives and Solution Engineers to understand client business drivers and outcome objectives and partner with client to develop success plans and outline value expectations.
- Renewal and Retention Management: Proactively manage the renewal process to ensure customer retention targets are met and exceeded.
- Mitigate Churn: Monitor product usage and adoption and identify potential areas of concern and develop mitigation plans, ensuring a high renewal rate.
- Upsell: Identify opportunities for additional licenses, features and services within existing Own user accounts and actively lead these efforts to successful closure.
- Cross-Sell and Expansion: Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for selling additional products and services.
- Customer Advocacy: Identify and recruit satisfied customers to become advocates, participate in case studies and user communities, and refer Own solutions to others.
- Product Expertise: Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Own solutions, enabling you to provide expert guidance and insights on how to maximize the value of our offerings.
- Pre-Sales Support: Provide support to Account Executives during the pre-sales process and position Own’s Customer Success framework as a differentiator.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data-driven insights to monitor customer health, identify trends, and implement proactive measures to enhance customer success.
- Thought Leadership: Demonstrate and inspire thought leadership which drives cross functional collaboration, improvements to Customer Success practices and accelerated customer value realization.
Your Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in customer success within the SaaS industry
- Demonstrated experience developing customer success plans and enabling customer defined value to be realized
- Understanding of backup, recovery, archive and other data management and protection technologies preferred
- Salesforce end user proficiency is required, and Salesforce administration experience is preferred
- Experience using Gainsight as a Customer Success tool is preferred
- Ability to manage a portfolio of accounts of various sizes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Takes initiative, intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results-driven with a track record of meeting and exceeding customer success targets
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.