Account Executive, Mid Market
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
As Own continues to scale, we are looking for a determined Account Executive to not only hunt for net new business, but to also grow their careers as sales professionals for years to come. In this quota carrying role, you will convert prospects into paying customers by handling both inbound and outbound leads. Your mission will be to identify strategic opportunities with prospects and new clients to build them into long-term profitable relationships. As you achieve and surpass your goals, you’ll unlock a wealth of opportunity at Own to continue your career development.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting to close for organizations using Salesforce, ServiceNow or Microsoft Dynamics in the Growth space.
- Own your territory and book of business.
- Whitespace your patch and identify top accounts to target for the most potential revenue
- Understand target organizations’ buying processes and personas. Map out the decision-making process of each prospect in order to optimize conversions at each stage
- Drive prospect traffic to Own's Self Service Trial offering, and support prospects during their testing and evaluation process
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quota
- Coordinate product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Engineers, Marketing, Product and Engineering to provide critical customer feedback loops that influence product roadmap to improve overall customer experience
- Manage and coordinate evaluation and purchasing processes with complex clients in highly regulated industries such as Financial Services and Life Sciences
- Maintain up to date records and forecast accurately in Salesforce
Your Work Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a quota carrying role in the SaaS and/or PaaS space.
- Experience with consultative, value-based selling and a proven track record of exceeding quota
- Demonstrated successful track record of acquiring net new business via outbound prospecting tools
- Worked with multi-product offerings
- Highly analytical, data driven, and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our San Diego, CA office a minimum of 3 days a week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required..
The base salary hiring range for this position is $64,000 to $80,000. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be dependent upon various factors such as education, training, skills, qualifications, competencies, years of experience, job-related knowledge, scope of the role, and location.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.