Manager, Business Development
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
The Manager, Business Development will be responsible for managing and leading a business development team. This leader will oversee a growing strategic sales team of inbound and outbound business development reps tasked with building a pipeline of opportunity in our US Segment.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Execute an aggressive business development strategy to achieve team goals on a monthly basis - meetings, opportunities and pipeline
- Manage a team of 5-8 early-career professionals and assist in their professional development through coaching and leading from the front
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and successfully collaborate with peer sales managers of Account Executives
- Hire quality candidates to keep up with company growth and strive to improve productivity of new hires
- Provide recommendations for improving inbound and outbound strategy for building pipeline
- Manage team performance on a monthly basis
- Position the team for growth by increasing the productivity and yield of each Sales Development Rep
- Operate effectively in a high-growth fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate Own values in everything you do
Your Work Experience
- 3+ years experience as a Senior Business Development Rep or Business Development Manager - preferably in a SaaS software company
- History of consistently achieving sales goals
- Track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining a high-performing talent
- Proven success working within a matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Strong operational and analytical abilities and experienced in Salesforce
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred
- Experience working at startup preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesloft preferred
- MUST be local to NY/NJ/CT area
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office 5 days a week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.