RVP, State, Local and Higher Education
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
The Regional Vice President of State, Local and Higher Education (SLED), is responsible for growing, managing, and leading the SLED Vertical at OwnBackup. The right candidate will play a critical role in the growth and execution of a SLED Sales Program to maximize the adoption of OwnBackup within the State and Local market.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Drive, manage, and executes the business and revenue of the SLED Vertical within the Public Sector Team
- Analyze regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates leadership on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Ensures that the public sector sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Take over a small team of SLED reps across North America and grow the team and revenue to capacity
- Work closely with Channel partners to drive revenue and growth
Your Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in First line leadership
- At least 12 years of closing roles in SaaS sales through a two-tiered channel ecosystem including distribution, corporate resellers, and value-added resellers
- Must be a high-performing individual with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives in the Public Sector
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated partnering and closing skills
- Must have expertise around contracts like NASPO and State and Local procurement. As well as the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our channle partners
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SFDC knowledge is desired
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Own is a global team, and as we’re looking for top-talent, for the right candidate there may be an opportunity to work remotely in the following states: CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, ME, NC, NM, NV, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI. Travel may be required.
The base salary hiring range for this position is $104,000 to $130,000. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be dependent upon various factors such as education, training, skills, qualifications, competencies, years of experience, job-related knowledge, scope of the role, and location.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.