Executive, Finance (Financial Reporting & AP)
Accounting & Finance
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
- Accountable for ensuring books and records reflect the true state of affairs of the company’s financial standing and periodically review and ascertains the authenticity and adequacy of assets and liabilities related to AP. This is further strengthened by ensuring all balance sheet accounts related to AP are properly reconciled on time.
- Evaluate specific transactions that may take place of which they affect the financial accounting and reporting, by assessing the proper accounting treatment of those particular transactions.
- Assist in ensuring that AP internal control structure is in place in, functioning effectively, and appropriately tested in accordance with company standard. Ensure that identified control and internal audit gaps are remediated on a timely basis.
- Process supplier invoices, bills, debit notes and credit notes for the purchases of material, assets, services (such as celcom/shell and utilities bill) and others (including intercompany invoices/ debit & credit notes).
- Review AP accounts before month end closing and follow-up on pending invoices with vendors / originators / purchasing i.e. assist in month end closing and put through the necessary cost accruals.
- Assist Manager/Head for any ad hoc projects and analysis as and when required.
- Pick up invoices in a timely manner and make prompt payments as needed to ensure no default of payments and maintain healthy relationships with the suppliers and vendors.
- Ensure timely payments of utility bills to make sure the operations of warehouses and hubs are continuous without being affected.
- Analyse and process refunds from shippers and different parties.
- Perform OCBC BANK reconciliations on Netsuite to ensure no extraordinary variances.
- Check and monitor any bounce payments and find out the reasons.
- Perform vehicle usage allocations.
- Process staff claims.
- Ensure parking of the office tower is paid and subsequently collected from all the staffs.
- Perform any other ad-hoc assignments and tasks when necessary.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Commerce or equivalent.
- Willing to work extra hours when necessary.
- Able to communicate and understand English & Malay language, whether written or verbal.
- Possess initiatives to undertake different and new tasks.
- Able to analyze and grasp a situation quickly from different perspectives and create well-reasoned solutions.
- Demonstrates ethical and moral behavior, unquestionable integrity and character.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Subang Jaya
Submit a job application