Technical Project Manager
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will be the single point-of-contact for all integration-related requests for all sales channels - Partnership, Field Sales, Corporate Sales etc. These requests cover everything a shipper needs from us to be onboarded, including OC API and webhooks.
The TPM (note that the 'P' here stands for project, not product) functions much like the Product Manager of the Programming Interface vertical. The TPM acts as the bridge between business and the Programming Interface team, translating business requirements to technical requirements and project managing the projects to completion. They are expected to talk directly to customers to gather/clarify requirements, do technical solutioning and even help with troubleshooting and tech support.
If a request requires a feature built by another team, the TPM will raise it to the PM of that team, conveying the business requirements, urgency, impact etc. If necessary, that other team's PM might have to work with the original feature requestor to get detailed business requirements to properly scope it out. If that build is big enough to affect the other team's roadmap, it will have to be prioritized at the stakeholders level.
- Guide and shape the relationship between the Business and Engineering teams to deliver impactful products and features to the market, with emphasis on new services to our biggest customers.
- Grow and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including big key partners as well as smaller shippers. Must be able to be credible with external technical/business stakeholders.
- Defining scope and influencing business solution decisions based on technical feedback and business strategy.
- Foreseeing and smoothing out dependencies and potential blockers, and keeping stakeholders engaged.
- Create ways of inspecting, organising and visualising project requests and pipeline.
- Minimally 5 years of experience with a bachelor in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other relevant field
- Experience in managing integration projects, familiarity with APIs
- Problem-solving skills, able to be involved in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals
Submit a job application