Manager, Field Sales (Kempas)
Sales & Business Development
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
- i) Internal Customer Management
- Contribute directly towards assigned territory revenue and objectives, ensuring delivery of growth rates that enhance market share at planned levels (as per country targets), through effective leadership of designated sales channels.
- Drive sales team improvement through regionally harmonized processes and procedures in line with company direction.
- Develop a high-performance service culture within the sales team.
- Ensure team members achievement towards KPIs and monitor their development progress. It is expected that all team members are achieving sales targets or coached towards improvements.
- Conduct weekly Sales Performance review with team members and the appropriate coaching sessions. This session may have related stakeholders participating as well.
- Identify relevant employee development programs, training needs and conduct appraisals, probation reviews and performance improvement programs.
- Ensure the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of objectives and targets.
- Build sustainable and trusting relationships through a well harmonized & well-developed sales force. Conduct joint sales calls with sales teams and support and guide them on best practises.
- Assist sales teams in the development of customer strategies to secure competitor business
- ii) Stakeholder Management
- Collaborate with Country Sales Head in order to deliver industry “best in class” sales competence throughout the sales teams. This will include harmonized processes for competency development, recruitment, induction, objective setting, appraisal, in role development and incentives throughout the country sales organization. In addition, incumbent should identify the learning needs of team members.
- Implement and ensure full adoption of Salesforce system to drive efficiency and transparency of sales performance within the sales team.
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders in support of sales development programs and initiatives to improve sales efficiencies.
- Working alongside local functional heads on day to day activities and tactical plans to resolve challenges and hurdles faced by the sales team.
- Study and analyse competition sales strategy and provide insights to senior management team to assist in strategic country decisions
- iii) Reporting
- Build a strong territory to ensure accounts perform and grow to their maximum potential, reducing attrition rate and minimizing opportunities for competitors to gain business.
- Continually develop knowledge of products/services and general commercial awareness to provide the best possible guidance to sales teams.
- Provide feedback and recommendation to further improve business operations
- Analyse and monitor territory performance data to measure success and identify fluctuations/trends to decide on the relevant actions to be taken.
- Adhere to regional standard profit margins and discount guidelines and account receivables of the sales teams
- Formulate territory sales plan that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business prospects and maximises growth within the existing customer base.
- Maintain customer business information, and update business activities in CRM system
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years experience in leading sales processes and people at multiple levels
- 5 years’ experience in sales
- Experience in leading field sales teams.
- Experience in Field & Telesales process management, Sales performance management, coaching and mentoring skills Education / Qualifications
- An added advantage for Mandarin speakers
Submit a job application