Head of Sortation Operations
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Head of Sort Operations is responsible for ensuring efficient operations whilst achieving agreed budgetary and service levels. The role will hold a strategic role and deal with coordinating general management issues including the management of supervisors. Takes ownership of all Sort Warehouse KPIs, Sort Automation Performance; analyzes reports and data submitted by the Supervisors.
- Serves as a Champion for Ninja Van’s Sort Speed and supports all related initiatives including the Sort Automation performance.
- Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
- Ensures the sort (Automation and Manual) are running in accordance with established safety, quality and service standards. Ensures that cost and productivity goals are met.
- Determines the sort’s strategic goals and ensures quality, service, cost and productivity goals are achieved. Plans sort strategy based on projected volume, head count, and other special circumstances and factors.
- Directs and guides the sort management team to ensure common understanding of operational updates and daily goals for the work area.
- Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
- Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters.
- Ensures compliance with Company policy and federal, state and local regulations.
Bachelor's Degree of Any Course
At least 3-5 yrs experience in the production or logistics industry focused in Sort Operations
Has proven experience managing a team for at least 24 months
Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups.
Proven ability to apply sound business judgement to establish and accomplish goals.
Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues.
Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
Submit a job application