Senior Accountant, Group Reporting
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Group Reporting team leads Ninja Van’s reporting function for both internal and external reporting purposes. The team provides guidance to all country finance teams on the preparation of our group financial reports, and coordinates the preparation of the group’s statutory audits. The team will also prepare future reports required by the relevant stock exchanges / regulatory bodies once the Group becomes publicly listed, and work closely with our auditors, legal, and investor relations teams to ensure that our public financial reporting is accurate and relevant.
The Senior Group Reporting Accountant will report to the Group Reporting Manager. He/She will be responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of month-end close and reporting activities of the countries that he/she is supporting. Participates in the review of external department deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency with external filings and internal reports and documents, as well as compliance with rules governing non-IFRS metrics.
- Coordinates the monthly close of the subsidiaries in the Region which includes but not limited to :
- Reviews of financial information/reports and month-end accounting entries passed by the Local Finance and/or Shared Service Centre
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of the reports across the Group. Improves the quality of reports and analysis
- Works closely with Local Finance to prepare the Accounts Receivable Monitoring and Collections Report for Management
- Conducts monthly Balance Sheet Review with Local Finance and ensures all reconciliation items are properly investigated and cleared promptly
- Coordinate and liaise with internal parties to support intercompany activities
- Business Partner with Local Finance/Regional FP&A and other stakeholders on all Accounting and Reporting matters, supports the teams in the Budget and Forecast preparation and variance analysis
- Prepares the weekly and monthly cash flow-related reports and assists the Regional Finance Managers to monitor the cash flow activities and projections for the Group
- Prepares the monthly net working capital report for the monthly investor report
- Participating in Finance project implementation and coordinate with subsidiaries for the rolled out
- Supports in reviewing the Group’s policies, SOPs and controls. Identify the control gaps and helps to draft the policies and processes when needed
- Other ad hoc projects or duties as assigned
- Min 5 years of working experience. Prior exposure in audit and/or MNC is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Gsheet.
- Experience in ERP (SAP / Netsuite / Oracle) will be an added advantage
- Degree in Finance / Accounting or ACCA
- Able to multitask, think out-of-the-box and proactive. Strong perseverance and constantly drives for process improvements
Submit a job application