Human Resources Business Partner (Logistics+)
People & HR, Operations
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Human Resource (HR) Business Partner provides HR advisory to the business. He/She liaises with line managers to understand hiring, onboarding, development, offboarding, compensation and budgeting requirements. He partners the business in the identification and management of high-potential talent, and the implementation of succession plans. S/he works with the various HR teams to build programmes that would address the needs of the department. S/he manages employee issues and supports line managers in HR Operations processes.
As the main point of contact between HR and the business, the HR Business Partner/ HR Manager is an excellent communicator who aligns interests among various stakeholders to achieve business goals. She/he adopts a service excellence mindset and is passionate about addressing organisational and employees' needs and issues.
- Advise hiring managers on their hiring requirements in line with business needs
- Provide support to management in rolling-out employee engagement activities to motivate employees to deliver superior performance in fulfilling organisational requirements
- Guide line managers in usage of compensation strategies and programmes to attract, motivate and retain workforce
- Communicate with employees on areas such as benefits and claims eligibility and administration and address general employee concerns
- Facilitate the redesign of the organisation structure to achieve business outcomes
- Guide management to implement succession plans to identify and groom individuals to take over leadership roles within the organisation
- Facilitate talent review sessions with line managers to identify and manage high-performing individuals for mission-critical roles within the organisation
- Coach line managers to cascade key performance indicators and performance goals to employees aligned to business requirements
- Guide line managers in their understanding and usage of performance management policy, framework and processes
- Coach employees to refer to career development policy, framework and programmes for career progression in the organisation
- Define learning and development needs based on business and staff capability needs
- Analyse financial and HR data to create insights and foresights to guide decision-making
- Conduct exit interviews to gather feedback for better employee retention
- Minimum Degree in HR or any other business discipline
- Minimum 6-8 years of work experience as a HR generalist or HR business partner
- Experience managing and working with senior stakeholders
- Familiarity with local employment law and regulations
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, development, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation, and HRMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Submit a job application