Regional Assistant Manager, Operations (First Mile)
Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Regional Assistant Manager, Operations (first mile) is responsible for gathering requirements from internal and external stakeholders, planning and implementing project logistics for fleet operations. He/She is also expected to look at ways to improve fleet processes and maintain fleet standards across the region. Analytical and systematic, he/she is required to explore alternative solutions and analyze feasibility of plans.
- Put together dashboards to monitor performance across the region and to flag potential issues before they become problems
- Monitor operational excellence and be expected to concisely explain both what the numbers are saying and what we should be doing to internal stakeholders
- Share best practices to scale operations in countries
- Execute on plans for daily operations tasks and new project launches
- Document finalized initiatives into standardized operating procedures expeditiously
- Carry out reactive root-cause analysis and proactive process improvement to mitigate any operational obstacles and prevent escalation and occurrence of further issues
- Developing robust, scalable, reporting and analysis platforms for Last/First mile performance across the region
- Create appropriate visibility in identification of performance gaps
- Conceptualize, implement and evaluate solutions to achieve sustainable performance improvements
- Provide guidance and alignment to local last/first mile managers through consistent coaching, sharing of best practices and process analysis and improvement
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- At least 3-5 years of relevant operational/process improvement/project management role
- Proven experience in SQL is a huge advantage
- Strong ability in evaluating and carrying out deep analysis in operational performance, through data-driven decision making paired with strong business acumen.
- Proven ability in presenting data to key stakeholders, with deep expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel in analysis and presentation process.
Submit a job application