Senior Executive, Human Resource (Learning & Development)
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The role incumbent will be responsible for driving learning & development initiatives for Malaysia Ninja Van employees (white & blue collar). The person will be in charge of end-to-end processes in a training program - from identifying learning needs, to the design & development of training programs, as well as evaluating training effectiveness. The person also has a direct role in upskilling our employees by frequently conducting soft skill & managerial training.
- Identify training and development needs within Ninja Van through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with the Head of Departments, Section Heads and Human Resources Department.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of Ninja Van and the employees
- Work in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in Ninja Van, from top management to lower management, drivers & riders.
- Manages Human Resource Corporation (HRD Corp)) and submit the payments within stipulated time frame.
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets
- Plan and assess the 'return on investment' of any training or development programme
- Manages issuance of bond letters upon completion of training
- Develop effective induction programmes for new staff, interns and graduate trainees
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers of each level
- Devise individual learning plans
- Extract data from yearly appraisal to evaluate training needs for employees
- Produce training materials for in-house courses
- Develop team building or relevant programs & training.
- Create and/or deliver a range of training using classroom, online and blended learning
- Manage the delivery of training and development programmes
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluate training and development programmes
- Update training data frequently
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- Devise a training strategy for the organisation
- Build training programmes from scratch (from the initial idea through planning, implementation, review and outcomes analysis) and delegate work to other members of the learning and development team
- Monitor budgets and monthly expenditure reports
- Work closely with Regional Ninja Van training team and superior
- At least 4-6 years of working experience preferably as a Trainer, Learning & Development Specialist or relevant
- At least a degree in Management, Business Management, Human Resources Management or relevant
- In-depth knowledge of training selection methods
- Excellent understanding of full cycle of learning & development processes
- Hands-on experience with learning & development using various techniques and evaluation methods.
- Knowledge in ISO 9001:2018, GDPMD & other certification will be an advantage.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels of an organisation, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary
- Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- Presentation skills
- IT skills
- A strong customer-focused background
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Strong team working skills and a collaborative approach to learning, both face-to-face and remotely
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Good time-keeping skills and the ability to multitask to enable you to effectively manage training schedules
- Proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach to work
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills and a passion for continuing learning and development
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Required to travel if necessary to conduct training at different locations.
- Possess own transport (preferably a car with valid driving license)
Submit a job application