Assistant Manager, Finance (Reporting)
Accounting & Finance
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
As the direct report to the Head of Finance, the Assistant Finance Manager (Reporting) leads the financial reporting function with the primary goal of ensuring that the financial reporting function of the company produces timely, accurate, and meaningful reports to guide commercial and operational initiatives, provide our stakeholders with visibility on business performance, and in compliance with accounting standards (MFRS / US GAAP).
- Responsible for a full spectrum of accounting activities including full set of accounts, monthly management reporting and any other ad-hoc reporting, while providing insightful analysis to facilitate key business decisions.
- Prepare and present financial reports to senior management and stakeholders.
- Lead the audit process, including providing guidance support for the audit of the company, and all related statutory financial reports.
- Lead financial reporting work streams relating to future capital markets processes (if any). Implement and ensure compliance of all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Work with the Systems team to ensure that financial reporting systems are secure, robust and adequate to support the growth of the business.
- Identify weaknesses in financial reporting across the company and make necessary adjustments to existing processes with a view towards improving transparency and accuracy of our financial reports.
- Identify, prioritize and lead finance / business process improvement projects specific to financial reporting related to longer-term sustainability efforts that support the fast growing nature of our business.
- Provide technical accounting support to the Company, including implementation of new IFRSs as and when required.
- At least a bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, or Professional qualifications (ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, etc.).
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience working with multinational organizations/environment especially in a high growth, rapidly changing culture. Regional exposure would be an advantage.
- Well versed with MFRS and/or US GAAP.
- Experience in NetSuites ERP system would be an advantage
- BIG4 audit experience is a definite advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/ Google Suite.
Submit a job application