Senior Finance Executive, Shared Services (P2P)
Accounting & Finance
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Reporting to the Finance Lead, Senior Finance Executive, Shared Services (P2P) is responsible for processing vendor invoices, payments and staff claims. The main responsibilities include:
- Process supplier invoices, bills, debit notes and credit notes for the purchases of material, assets, services (such as utilities bill) and others (including intercompany invoices/ debit & credit notes).
- Review AP accounts before month end closing and follow-up on pending invoices with vendors / originators / purchasing.
- Assist Lead/Manager/Head for any ad hoc projects and analysis as and when required.
- Pick up invoices in a timely manner and make prompt payments as needed to ensure no default of payments and maintain healthy relationships with the suppliers and vendors.
- Ensure timely payments of utility bills to make sure the operations of warehouses and hubs are continuous without being affected.
- Analyse and process refunds from shippers and different parties.
- Perform bank reconciliations to ensure no extraordinary variances.
- Check and monitor any bounce payments and find out the reasons.
- Perform vehicle usage allocations.
- Process staff claims.
- Ensure parking of the office tower is paid and subsequently collected from all the staffs.
- Ability to initiate or lead/assist on continuous improvement of business processes and system enhancement.
- Proactively collaborate with local country finance team, liaise, and communicate effectively with stakeholders on relevant issue.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with local country finance.
- Respond to audit/local country finance queries on a timely basis.
- Assist the team lead to oversee the end-to-end accounts receivable process, including invoicing, cash application, collections, and dispute resolution.
- Review the work of account executives, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and process flow charts for Procure to Pay (P2P) processes.
- Follow the procedure to complete daily operation task according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Evaluate specific transactions that may take place of which they affect the financial accounting and reporting, by assessing the proper accounting treatment of those particular transactions.
- Assist in ensuring that AP internal control structure is in place in, functioning effectively, and appropriately tested in accordance with company standard. Ensure that identified control and internal audit gaps are remediated on a timely basis.
- Participate in implement process standardizations, process optimizations and streamline current practices to deliver quality and accelerated closing processes and maximize operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned.
- Diploma/Degree/Professional certification in Accountancy.
- 5-7 years of Shared Service relevant experience.
- Experience working with multinational organization/environment especially in a high growth, rapidly changing culture.
- Good COD process knowledge.
- Good Excel skill.
- Experience with SSC environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in transformation in implementing process improvements and automations.
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in automation and BI tools (ie Power BI and Tableu) would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Macros or system scripting will be an added advantage.
Submit a job application