Senior Finance Executive, Shared Services (COD - Cash on Delivery)
Accounting & Finance
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Reporting to the Finance Lead, Senior Finance Executive, Shared Services (COD) is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate payment, collection and reconciliation of all financial transactions and ensuring the proper documentation and preparation of journal entries.
- Verify bank details and payable/receivables amounts with stakeholders for accurate and timely payments/receipts
- Ensure complete and accurate entry of daily AP/AR financial transactions with proper documentation
- Process bulk and individual payments according to payment cycle
- Track payments and expenditures and maintain proper documentation and records
- Prepare and generate billing invoices
- Resolve any discrepancies and billing issues as required
- Reconcile cash on delivery amounts and ensure all cash are received
- Ability to initiate or lead/assist on continuous improvement of business processes and system enhancement.
- Proactively collaborate with local country finance team, liaise, and communicate effectively with stakeholders on relevant issue.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with local country finance.
- Respond to audit/local country finance queries on a timely basis.
- Assist the team lead to oversee the end-to-end cash on delivery process.
- Review the work of account executives, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and process flow charts for Cash on Delivery (COD) processes.
- Follow the procedure to complete daily operation task according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Evaluate specific transactions that may take place of which they affect the financial accounting and reporting, by assessing the proper accounting treatment of those particular transactions.
- Assist in ensuring that internal control structure is in place in, functioning effectively, and appropriately tested in accordance with company standard. Ensure that identified control and internal audit gaps are remediated on a timely basis.
- Any other ad-hoc task assigned.
- Diploma/High school/Professional certification in Accountancy.
- 5-7 years of Shared Service relevant experience.
- Experience working with multinational organization/environment especially in a high growth, rapidly changing culture.
- Good O2C process knowledge.
- Good Excel skill.
- Experience with SSC environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in transformation in implementing process improvements and automations.
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in automation and BI tools (ie Power BI and Tableu) would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Macros or system scripting will be an added advantage.
Submit a job application