Finance Lead, Shared Services (R2R - Record to Report)
Accounting & Finance
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main responsibilities of Finance Lead, Shared Services (R2R), include:
- Lead the preparation of management accounts, financial results, financial reporting, forecasts for the entities ensuring revenue, expenses and Balance Sheet items are appropriately captured.
- Lead the audit process, including providing guidance support for the audit of the company, and all related statutory financial reports.
- Lead the month-end closing and complete the monthly and yearly close process within the timelines provided.
- Partner with Country Finance for all reporting, controls, audit and tax matters; ensure internal controls in place are in compliance to our Region’s policies and procedures and constantly seek improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Applying technical accounting principles for the Region and have good understanding of International Accounting
- Standards and/or US GAAP.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and process flow charts for Record to Report (R2R) processes.
- Follow the procedure to complete daily operation task according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Evaluate specific transactions that may take place of which they affect the financial accounting and reporting, by assessing the proper accounting treatment of those particular transactions.
- Assist in ensuring that internal control structure is in place in, functioning effectively, and appropriately tested in accordance with company standard. Ensure that identified control and internal audit gaps are remediated on a timely basis.
- Oversee and responsible for the continuity and successful delivery of Record to Report (R2R) processes through SSC and proactively, identify, manage and monitor KPIs to drive accuracy and timeliness of all deliverables.
- Identify, lead and implement process standardizations, process optimizations and streamline current practices to deliver quality and accelerated closing processes and maximize operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Drive transformation through process optimization via digitalization and enabling a more digital and better customer experience with data insights to improve and accelerate decision making.
- Take the lead in applying technical accounting principles for the Region and have good understanding of International
- Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to the team.
- Work with the Regional Controlling team in developing and maintaining SSC related policies and procedures.
- Posting and review of journals and reconciliations.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned.
- Diploma/Degree/Professional certification in Accountancy.
- 3-5 years of Shared Service supervisory relevant experience.
- Experience working with multinational organization/environment especially in a high growth, rapidly changing culture.
- Good R2R processes knowledge
- Good Excel skill
- Experience with SSC environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in transformation in implementing process improvements and automations.
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in automation and BI tools (ie Power BI and Tableu) would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Macros or system scripting will be an added advantage.
Submit a job application