Regional Manager, Ninja Direct (Business Operations)
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Logistics+ division comprises some of the most exciting and enterprising teams at Ninja Van. Building on Ninja Van’s existing capabilities, we experiment with new ideas to develop innovative products and services that enhance our core business and help us serve our clients, partners and end-customers better.
Housed within the Logistics+ division, Ninja Direct leverages Ninja Van’s pan-regional logistics network to provide small and medium businesses with comprehensive upstream services with the goal of supporting their business.
The Regional Business Operations Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing the quality of end-to-end operational performance across the Ninja Direct business, and ensuring that all revenues and costs generated and incurred by the business can be accurately captured.
To accomplish this, you will be required to work closely with our country teams and also cross functionally with both Finance and Tech to:
- Design and iterate upon processes to ensure that all financial and operational data is accurately captured and that all scenarios can be accounted for.
- Lead the performance reporting across the operational and financial aspects for the business. Set and enforce processes to ensure that reporting standards are maintained at a high level.
- Design, build and manage internal tools and solutions that improve the quality of performance reporting and internal audits.
- Support investigations into issues caused by process or policy gaps by providing data and process knowledge. Help design solutions to eliminate these gaps.
- Design processes and solution tools to be built by the team to be used for streamlined billing processes, credit note and claims processing by other SEA markets. The tools should cover the different complex product offerings of Ninja Direct and align local variances to a regional format for easy digestion
- Responsible for financial operations including booking, billing, credit note and claims management
- Ownership of overall adherence to policies with regards to claims, account receivables and shipper tiers
- Ensure strong adherence to processes implemented
- Champion the development of the single source of truth through collaboration with different departments in operations and product
- Determine measurable performance metrics for business goals when required
- Manage the investigations department to develop on process improvements from a controls standpoint to ensure integrity throughout our end-to-end flows
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business/Accounting, or any relevant field
- Proficiency in SQL and Advanced Excel Skills is mandatory
- Experience in Management Reporting
- Background in Process Modelling
- Excellent Project Management and Team Management competencies
- Command of English is compulsory, and one additional Southeast Asian Language would be ideal
Submit a job application