Product Sales Representative
Product, Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
The Product Sales Representative role is ideal for starting your career in Employee Benefits Sales, tasked with converting qualified leads and referrals into successful sales. You will primarily engage externally, actively participating in events, scheduling appointments, and conducting associated activities. Additionally, you will be responsible for overseeing sales opportunities from initiation to closure throughout the sales cycle.
This position reports to the Sales Manager and is a full-time, exempt role and is located in Newfront's Office in Seattle, WA. Initially this role will be onsite, with the option to work into a hybrid remote schedule.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Establish and develop ongoing relationships, provide prompt, accurate and professional new business presentations to prospective customers.
- Manage sales opportunities through full process - solicitation, data collection, proposal, sold - while memorializing updates and results within the sales pipeline report.
- Develop proposals, make sales presentations, close sales.
- Follow up on qualified leads/referrals. Cold call to augment sales pipeline when needed.
- Responsible for coordinating with team members to transition needs and deliverables for client post sale.
- Develops the strategic sales vision for the client as related to their benefit programs.
- Develop and manage the sales strategy to ensure that it is efficient, accurate, and measurable.
- Foster additional business relationships that can drive new business opportunities.
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience.
- Strong computational knowledge and ability to analyze data.
- Ability to create and execute sales strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Exceptional customer engagement skills, diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite products and use of the internet.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, offer creative solutions, and make process improvements.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively address challenges and develop solutions when market dynamics change.
- Proficient at project planning including time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, marketing partners, and internal stakeholders.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Insurance carrier, insurance brokerage, or related job experience preferred.
- Experience promoting/selling payroll/HRIS/financial services, or enterprise procurement.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- WA State Life and Health License (required or completed within 1 month of start date)
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $71,600 to $89,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.