Sr. Software Engineer - Portugal
Lively set out to raise the bar on benefit solutions, because we believe no one should have to sacrifice personal wellness for financial wellness. While traditional benefits focus more on transactions and less on the humans using them, Lively harnesses user-centric design and innovative technology to deliver an effortless experience for employers and account holders alike. Our modern HSA is consistently top-rated, and we have since expanded our offerings to provide a full suite of other benefits and services for companies, consumers, and financial institutions.
Lively is a remote-first company, headquartered in San Francisco with employees across the US. Come join us and help make getting the value out of your benefits as simple as it should be.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer who wants to create deep and meaningful product engagement experiences! We have an increasing user base, and you will be focusing on implementing and enhancing our investment and financial products. Our customers trust us with a lot: integrating seamlessly across financial institutions, moving funds, tracking balances, helping with their healthcare decisions, and keeping their data extremely secure.
Even though this position is based in Portugal, you will be working closely with US based employees. You must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Analyze and provide feedback on product requirements.
- Implement features and functionality with clean and maintainable codes.
- Take pride in software quality through rigorous functional testing and writing automated unit tests.
- Troubleshoot production issues, provide resolutions and recommendations for improvement.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years at a technology company in a software development or similar role.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, with strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge in software design and familiarity with design patterns.
- Strong fundamental understanding of relational DataBase (Postgresql, Mysql).
- Able to model and design intuitive and scalable schemas.
- Strong debugging skills and not afraid of getting hands dirty in other areas.
- Strong product delivery records.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Proven experience on building backend services with high availability and scalability requirements.
- Someone who isn't afraid of responsibility, a good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality.
This position is based in Portugal, and candidates are not eligible for the benefits or requirements below.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications, but feel you would be a good fit for the position. However, you must be located in the United States.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage. An HSA with employer contribution, FSA, paid parental leave, medical travel benefits, a 401k plan, flexible vacation policy and more!
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!
Lively Inc. participates in the E-Verify program. Learn more about E-Verify here: