Senior Engineer, Perception for Human Feedback
Labelbox is the leading data-centric AI platform for building intelligent applications. Teams looking to capitalize on the latest advances in generative AI and LLMs use the Labelbox platform to inject these systems with the right degree of human supervision and automation. Whether they are building AI products by using LLMs that require human fine-tuning, or applying AI to reduce the time associated with manually-intensive tasks like data labeling or finding business insights, Labelbox enables teams to do so effectively and quickly.
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Genentech, and Adobe, as well as hundreds of leading AI teams. We are backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), Databricks Ventures, Snowpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Role
Our mission is to build the best products to align with artificial intelligence. As part of the AI alignment perception team, you will play a pivotal role in creating automated, performant, and user-friendly annotation capabilities to capture human feedback (RLHF, computer vision or complex multi-modality tasks). With your strong full stack experience, you'll collaborate closely with product, design, and other engineers to implement flexible components, and scalable and reliable systems. Striking the right balance between innovation and practicality, you'll drive business initiatives while building a strong technological foundation for future needs. As a technical leader, you'll set an example of excellence in software engineering and operations, empowering your team to tackle challenges and deliver top-notch, customer-centric software solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers, designers, and technical leaders to ship features to production, fix bugs, and minimize tech debt in a tech stack comprising TypeScript, React / Redux, GraphQL, REST, Node.js, Python, MySQL, and GCP.
- Provide technical leadership for your team and have a multiplier effect by enabling them to be better problem solvers.
- Collaborate with our support team to address customer questions / concerns and solve customer problems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24x7 support for your team's systems.
- Propose / implement process improvements so your team and Labelbox engineering in general can be more effective.
- Author and / or review technical documents so Labelbox can deliver sound solutions on time.
- You have 6+ years full stack experience building and providing operational support for user-friendly, scalable and reliable systems with a focus on the frontend.
- 3+ years experience with Typescript, Node.js, GraphQL, Python, Kubernetes, and GCP (MySQL, Spanner, GCS, PubSub).
- 2+ years experience with frontend frameworks (e.g. React/Redux, Angular).
- You are an owner and are not afraid to push boundaries to help your team and Labelbox do better for our customers
- You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment, crafting simple and elegant solutions to solve ambiguous, complex problems
- Quality and testing are very important to you and you can balance between perfection and shipping
Nice to Have
- You have experience training LLMs
- You are an experienced practitioner of NLP techniques
- Experience with computer vision techniques
- Experience with RxJS
- Experience with WebGL and rendering frameworks such as Konva and three.js
Engineering at Labelbox
We build a comprehensive platform and end-to-end tool suite for AI system development. We believe in providing the best user experience at scale with high quality. Our customers use our platform in production environments, daily, to build and deploy AI systems that have a real positive impact in the world.
We believe in collaborative excellence and shared responsibility with decision making autonomy wherever possible. We strive for a great developer experience with continuous fine tuning. How we work is one of the cornerstones of engineering excellence at Labelbox.
We learn by pushing boundaries, engaging in open debate to come up with creative solutions, then committing to execution. We continuously explore and exploit new technologies, creating new and perfecting existing techniques and solutions. Making customers win is our North Star.
Excel in a Hub-centric Remote Model.
We’re committed to excellence and understand the importance of bringing our talented people together. While we continue to embrace remote work, we’ve transitioned to a Hub-Centric Remote Model with a focus on nurturing collaboration and connection within our dedicated hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City Metropolitan Area, Miami-Fort Lauderdale Area, and Warsaw, Poland. We encourage asynchronous communication, autonomy, and ownership of your tasks, with the added convenience of hub-based gatherings.
Your Personal Data Privacy: Any personal information you provide Labelbox as a part of your application will be processed in accordance with Labelbox’s Job Applicant Privacy notice.