Senior Associate - Clinical Informaticist Coder
The technology that once promised to simplify patient care has brought more issues than anyone ever anticipated. At Innovaccer, we defeat this beast by making full use of all the data Healthcare has worked so hard to collect, and replacing long-standing problems with ideal solutions.
Data is our bread and butter for innovation. We are looking for a Clinical Informaticist Coder who will work on the risk adjustment solution at Innovaccer. This position will report to the Senior Director, Health Outcomes.
A Day in the Life
- Interacts with product and customer success teams to understand adoption of our CDS definitions for risk adjustment to improve clinical documentation.
- Validates coding and clinical documentation guidelines for our Risk Adjustment solutions.
- Creates and maintains code groups or value sets for HCC definitions.
What You Need
- Advanced understanding of medical terminologies (RxNorm, LOINC, SNOMED, CPT, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, )
- Understanding of body systems/anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease processes.
- Deep understanding of clinical workflows, EHRs, and clinical documentation.
- Experience using clinical data and analytics to help develop new solutions to existing healthcare problems.
- Highly self - motivated and directed with the ability to juggle different tasks, effectively balance priorities, and be accepting
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication for representation of clear and concise results.
Education And Experience Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Administration and two years of medical coding experience; or four years as a medical coder. Coding experience with a HCC Model is strongly preferred.
- Registered Health Information Technician or Administrator (RHIT/RHIA) or Certified Professional Coder (primary care coding experience preferred).
- Must maintain current coding credentials. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in risk adjustment coding in lieu of certificate.
What We Offer
- Industry certifications: We want you to be a subject matter expert in what you do. So, whether it’s our product or our domain, we’ll help you dive in and get certified.
- Quarterly rewards and recognition programs: We foster learning and encourage people to take risks. We recognize and reward your hard work.
- Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones.
- Sabbatical policy: We encourage people to take time off and rejuvenate, learn new skills, and pursue their interests so they can be inspired to generate new ideas with Innovaccer.
- Pet-friendly office and open floor plan: No boring cubicles.
Disclaimer: Innovaccer does not charge any fees or require any payment from individuals or agencies for securing employment with us. We do not guarantee job spots or engage in any financial transactions related to employment. If you encounter any posts or requests asking for payment or personal information, we strongly advise you to report them immediately to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please exercise caution and verify the authenticity of any requests before disclosing personal and confidential information, including bank account details.