General Manager, Customer Support
Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
The General Manager, Customer Support leads global customer support operations. Reporting to the SVP of the US Business Unit, this leader will define strategies and own execution for initiatives intended to deliver an extraordinary experience within the technical support and customer support functions. This role is also accountable for the overall support and success of a rapidly growing base of Icertis customers in the US region and managing the Service Now platform and Customer support transitions. The US business of Icertis is expected to grow to300+ customers in the next 12 months. Most Icertis customers are large, global brands and Fortune 500 companies.
What you will do:
- Own support relationship in US region for Premium and standard customers, demonstrating deep understanding of customers’ business and their Icertis solution usage, improving the customer support experience and building customer loyalty.
- Drive SLAs and CSAT to ensure higher reference ability amongst customers; higher NPS; revenue, gross margin, and subscription growth through expansion; and most importantly, customer value and delight, utilizing customer experience improvement initiatives, as appropriate.
- Manage L1/L2/L3 support for all US region customers. This includes monitoring the support provided by outsourced partners.
- Ensure a holistic view of tickets and early-warning indicators, workarounds, root cause analysis and eventual elimination of root cause.
- Ensure the successful development and execution of individualized plans for premium Support customers.
- Define and own end-to-end points of customer support interaction (customer critical processes) and moments of truth, including customer focus groups, customer communications.
- Work closely with internal (Customer Advocacy, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Partners, and Finance) and external (implementation partners) teams to ensure appropriate transition of customers into support and deliver new capabilities.
- Collaborate with Product management to include and build supportability tomove to proactive and predictive services, improving quality and timeliness of support.
- Expand the Support team to scale with customer growth, while optimizing cost through efficient execution of onshore/offshore model.
- Demonstrate leadership excellence by building a thriving, highly engaged team through activities such as: goal setting; coaching; providing ongoing recognition and development feedback; and creating bench strength for future leaders.
- Prioritize customer support requirements and develop key metrics that will adequately quantify the customer support experience.
- Advocate product feature requests that enhance customer support experience including in-app support, and end-user communication.
- Review customer calls, objectives and results with Engineering, Professional Services and Sales leadership on schedule across new and existing accounts.
- 20% US and international travel expected.
What you will bring:
- Extremely customer and execution-focused and analytical with a demonstrated track record of continuous improvement.
- Highly motivated, with the aspiration and ability to positively impact the future of Icertis.
- Executive level strategy, communication, execution, and presentation skills are required. Must be highly responsive and organized, detail-oriented, empathic, and globally minded, with the ability to liaise with C-Suite.
- Ability to prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines, outstanding team leadership, team development and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial working style to develop and deliver business outcomes despite resource and time constraints.
- Multi-dimensional thinker who leverages both past experiences and developments in the market while formulating innovative new approaches.
- Experience working with Hybrid onshore/offshore models required; experience with India operations is desired.
- Hands-on or management experience in all levels of Support, including customer-facing and technical roles in, with demonstrated success resolving customer escalations.
- Familiarity with ITIL and other Support frameworks.
- Successful relationship management with Engineering and Cloud Operations team, demonstrating a collaborative management style.
- Strong technical skills to quickly grasp the product complexity; prior ICI familiarity is a plus.
- Deep understanding of enterprise products and the challenges and opportunities of being in the cloud for customer support experiences.
- Total 15+ yrs. of experience in leadership, Support, and operations in a Product company
- Preferable to have prior experience with Microsoft Azure platform.
- An undergraduate degree is required (preferably in Computer Science or Engineering). An advanced degree, ideally an MBA or master’s degree, is highly desirable.
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
To support these commitments, Icertis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, a generous 401k match, and a robust paid time off program. Here are some of the other reasons we’ve been named a Top Company to Work for by Seattle Business Magazine for the fifth year in a row!
•Equity ( RSUs) and shared ownership in the company
•Flexible work location (role dependent)
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• 7 Days for Humanity in 2022 – paid volunteer days
• Generous holidays including the 4th of July week off – paid
• Extensive remote onboarding program and virtual employee engagement events
Icertis, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Icertis, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com or get in touch with your recruiter.
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.