Director, Global People Operations (Fixed Term Contract)
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
Highspot’s People Team is responsible for hiring, retaining and developing exceptionally talented people in an environment where they can thrive and do their best work.
We are looking for a seasoned People Operations Director with global experience and a passion for people, processes, technology and infrastructure that will help us operate faster and more efficiently and provide best-in-class People Operations support to the wider business for a period of maternity cover.
Based in Highspot’s London office, you will lead the global People Operations area focused on building the people infrastructure that Highspot needs to scale and continuously innovate with line management responsibility for a team of four HR People Ops specialists based in the UK and the US. There will be a need to work some US hours, so a degree of flexibility will be required.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys building and creating and is outcome-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for creating a great employee experience.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of HR Ops Specialists who provide general HR operational support globally (US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia) in a fast-paced environment.
- Own the full employee lifecycle framework such as onboarding, offboarding and role changes, creating repeatable, scalable global processes that are streamlined and automated and creating high-value touchpoints which delight and engage employees with a detail matter approach, ensuring compliance and adherence to all local regulations.
- Lead the evolution and implementation of new People processes and policies as we scale, from a seamless onboarding process to effective and efficient benefits administration to detail-orientated payroll partnership.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners in region, Talent Acquisition, and COE leaders in Seattle to support successful and effective roll out of processes and policies.
- Support existing HR programs and change management initiatives in partnership with HRBP’s and HR COE’s including regular annual activities such as annual review, spring and autumn merit cycles and employee engagement survey.
- Overseeing strategy and performance of all Tier 0 and Tier 1 services globally.
- Creating and managing our technology strategy with HCM and other technologies that create a compelling employee experience, as well as providing an integrated and best-in-class HR tech stack.
- Collaborate with the HR team to champion an environment where we can inspire and develop all people to do their best work.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and collaboratively develop and implement innovative and effective solutions.
- Proven experience in a people operations role at a high-growth and fast-paced company developing and building key people operations infrastructure across multiple global locations. It is crucial that you are operationally driven.
- Experience of managing payroll in UK, France, Germany and the US is essential.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills. You have delivered global projects and are able to create frameworks for driving consistency across various locations whilst recognising the need to flex due to local cultures and employment legislation.
- Workday background and experience of building processes is a must have.
- Client-service orientated, with a focus on creating positive change while delivering an exceptional people-first approach.
- Ability to flex your style and build trust and rapport with individual contributors, managers, and leaders.
- Ability to effectively partner with cross-functional partners (e.g. Finance, Legal) and the broader HR team to build a better employee experience for employees.
- Ability to work through ambiguity recognizing the opportunities it brings to think creatively, and roll up your sleeves as you challenge the status quo.
Competitive compensation including equity so you feel like you have a piece of the pie
Flexible Leave Balance
Holiday week off between Christmas and New Year
Private medical insurance for you and your dependents
4 x death in service benefit
Income protection insurance
Company social events throughout the year
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
We carry out various eligibility and background checks as part of our recruiting process, including employment history, education verification and criminal records check. If you require further information let us know.
Highspot UK Candidate Privacy Notice
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.