Director of Security
Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
This role reports to the VP of Security and as the Director of Security, you will be responsible for leading our security strategy, focusing on either infrastructure or application security, based on your expertise. You will bring hands-on experience in security and incident management, along with a deep understanding of security architecture, detection, and monitoring systems. Your role will be critical in maintaining the integrity and safety of our financial systems, customer data, and business operations.
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive security strategies for infrastructure or application security, ensuring alignment with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to embed security best practices into the development lifecycle.
- Incident Management
- Develop and maintain incident response plans and procedures, ensuring they are up-to-date and effective.
- Manage and coordinate incident response activities, ensuring timely and effective handling of security incidents.
- Work with the team on developing and implementing incident detection and response strategies.
- Conduct regular training and drills for the incident response team and other relevant staff.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security practices into product development and operational processes.
- Serve as a liaison to communicate emerging risk information to and from the business units.
- Direct the evaluation, deployment, and management of security technologies and tools.
- Will manage a small team of security engineers in this role
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, improvement, and innovation within the Security team.
- Stay current with emerging security threats, technologies, and trends, adjusting strategies accordingly.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in security, focusing on product or infrastructure security and incident management.
- Strong knowledge of security architecture, detection, monitoring, and incident response.
- Proven track record in leading security initiatives in the FinTech or related industries.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices and architectures.
- Proficient in the latest cybersecurity technologies and tools.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA are highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
FalconX is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workspace for all people. Our roles are intended for people from all walks of life. We encourage all those interested in applying to our organization to submit an application regardless if you are missing some of the listed background requirements, skills, or experiences!
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, FalconX would like to acknowledge that the EEOC survey has limited potential responses that you can select. For legal reasons, FalconX must use this language to align with federal requirements, however, we want to ensure that you are able to provide a response to our own voluntary survey questions about your identity that best aligns with your most true self.