Director of Engineering (Custom Solutions and Services)
**Work from where you are - considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US-based remote**
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team at Evidation. This role is responsible for managing a team of engineers and ensuring the successful development and delivery of custom solutions and services. They will be managing and overseeing the process from requirements gathering to launch, interacting with clients and leading the team to produce high-quality work that exceeds expectations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Meets with clients and helps the team architect, implement, and deliver key partner integrations and programs.
- Leads and mentors a team of full-stack engineers. Sets clear goals and objectives, and inspires the team to surpass them.
- Manages projects effectively, ensuring that they are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. Identifies and mitigates risks, and prioritizes projects based on their impact on the organization.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the latest technologies, software development methodologies, and tools that are or might be relevant to the product and service they are working on.
- Contributes to the technical strategy of the organization and partners with product management and the engineering leadership to shape the direction of the company.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and compliant work environment by developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Recruits, manages, develops, and retains team members in a nurturing and remote environment.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of related professional experience, including significant responsibility for the design and implementation of cloud-based software programs and services
- Prior experience at a consulting firm delivering engineering services in a client-facing capacity
- Prior experience as a manager for at least 3-5 years leading teams of 8-10 people (preference for 5+ years and 15~30 people)
- Prior experience overseeing external staff augmentation teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable years of professional experience
- Experience with modern programming languages, frameworks, large scale distributed architectures, databases, and multi-tenant applications, including:
- Backend frameworks: specifically Ruby on Rails
- Frontend frameworks: specifically React, ReactNative, Swift, Kotlin
- Scalable databases: specifically Postgres, Aurora, Snowflake
- Cloud infrastructure: specifically AWS, Kubernetes
- Build tools: specifically Github, CircleCI
- Working knowledge of OWASP standards and ISO/SOC2
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Evidation creates new ways to measure and improve health in everyday life—making proactive, personalized, and truly human-centered healthcare possible. By connecting directly with millions of individuals, Evidation harnesses real-world data to deeply understand health experiences, rapidly and at scale. Evidation’s privacy-centric digital health measurement and engagement platform uses data science and machine learning to translate these everyday insights into high-impact health guidance, treatments, and tools. Founded in 2012, Evidation is headquartered in California with employees working around the globe.
At Evidation, we strive to build an equitable and inclusive space where everyone - employees, partners, and participants - belongs and feels valued. Evidation Health values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic.
We will also reasonably accommodate the physical and/or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability in order to enable the applicant to complete the application or interview process, providing undue hardship on Evidation Health would not result.
The US base hiring range for this full-time position is $226,000-$275,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including work location, experience, training, and skill level, so pay for this role may be higher or lower than what is shown on this posting.