WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company with a rapidly growing customer base, Aetion is looking for experienced biostatisticians to support study design and company-wide strategic decision-making.
This position will report to the Senior Principal Biostatistician.
Applied Scientific Research
- Implements data processing pipelines and analyses.
- Comfort implementing established methodologies from statistical literature.
- Maintains knowledge base in pharmacoepidemiology, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational RWE studies.
- Conducts statistical analyses to support the Scientific Research team’s deliverables (e.g. for research collaborations) and research agenda.
- Owns the synthesis and preparation of statistical results for external presentation.
- PhD or Masters degree in biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology, or related quantitative field.
- Working knowledge of the design of observational/epidemiological studies. Experience in the clinical trials space may meet this requirement.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical programming language (R or Python).
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, and innovative.
- Proficient in R statistical programming language
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with Databricks and Spark clusters
- Expertise in the application of biostatistical and causal inference methods to yield decision-grade real-world evidence (RWE) from secondary data sources (e.g. claims, registries).
- Experience conducting analytics with secondary data sources (e.g., claims, registries).
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.